[6pack] RE: [TR] TR6 Hardtop Installation

To: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Subject: [6pack] RE: [TR] TR6 Hardtop Installation
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:09:26 -0400
Todd -
   Years ago I looked for one of those "hard top boots" but
never found one (note that there are snaps inside my hardtop
to facilitate mounting one of these phantom boots). And yes,
the convertible top can be left in the car but a) it takes up space,
and b) it bolts into the same holes in the B pillar as some of the
mounting hardware.  I just always took the soft top off the few
times I mounted the hard top.

Dennis Culligan

             Todd Bermudez
             <red_tr250@hotmai
             l.com>                                                     To
                                       Dennis N Culligan/Sterling
             10/31/2007 02:17          Forest/IBM@IBMUS,
             PM                        <motorcarriage@charter.net>
                                                                        cc
                                       <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
                                       <6pack@autox.team.net>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [TR]  TR6 Hardtop Installation

Dennis,

Correct me if I'm wrong...and I might be as I've never installed a hard
top.

Wasn't there a "special" hood(soft top) cover for hard top models...this
would be to cover the convertible top when it was folded down WITH the hard
top installed.  I would think you would NOT have to remove the convertible
top if this was the case?

Cheers,

Todd

> To: motorcarriage@charter.net
> From: dncullig@us.ibm.com
> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:09:24 -0400
> CC: triumphs@autox.team.net; 6pack@autox.team.net
> Subject: [TR] TR6 Hardtop Installation
>
> Wayne -
> There is some info on the VTR web site about TR6
> hardtops but it's not detailed installation info.
> I've not had the hardtop on my car since 1989 but
> as I remember it, once you removed the convertible
> top, it was just a matter of bolting the back edge
> (4 or 5 bolts) into the holes used by the convertible
> top, bolting the front edge (2 bolts) into the top
> of the windshield and, if you have the hardware for
> the side pins, installing them on the B pillars and
> sliding the plastic "loops" on the hardtop over the
> pins (these keep the top from moving side to side).
> It'll take 2 people to put it on or off - it's heavy.
> Be careful you don't scratch the rear deck lid -
> there should be rubber feet on the bottom edges of
> the top to keep this from happening. Then be careful
> when closing the doors if the window glass is all
> the way up - it may not line up quite right and hit
> the edge of the top...
>
> Dennis Culligan, Highland NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH
> red_tr250@hotmail.com

graycol.gif]

pic32121.gif]

ecblank.gif]