[6pack] #2 cyl plug fouled

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] #2 cyl plug fouled
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:54:48 -0700 (PDT)
Gang:

  The spark plug in #2 cylinger is fouling and probably causing my motor to
misfire intermittently. The other plugs are normal light tan in appearance. It
seems unlikely that only that cylinder could run rich. So I'm guessing that oil
may be leaking down the valve stem into the combustion chamber.

  If I'm right, would teflon valve seals be worth considering? Or do I need to
be looking for other causes here?

  I hate the thought of removing the cylinder head. Shipwright's Syndrome is
sure to strike! (9.5:1 head grind, stellite valves, new springs, new rocker
shaft, etc.) Somebody stop me!!!!!

  Jim