Re: [6pack] Spin-On Adapter

To: stuartt@tlthompson.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Spin-On Adapter
From: Vsnively@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:15:42 EST
In a message dated 12/21/2007 12:09:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stuartt@tlthompson.com writes:

Fellow  Listers:

Thanks to all who responded for the great tips &  advice.

I have not yet changed over to the spin-on adapter but  do
have a question.

Why do I always receive an o-ring with my  original canister type
filter element? I've never had to use the o-ring  before and it never leaks.

Does it depend on year model? I'm just  curious as to why I always
receive the o-ring along with the filter  element.

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Stuart  Thompson

http://www.triumphowners.com/1069
6pack@autox.team.net

http://www.team.net/archive

You  are subscribed as _vsnively@aol.com_ (mailto:vsnively@aol.com)

Stuart,

  I think it's an implied rule / law that seals should always be  changed
when opportunity presents itself. I work in an industrial mechanical  field, we
always recommend replacement of any elastomeric component. The main  reason is
compression set. The seal compresses and remains in that state the  longer
it's compressed. This could result in a leak if it's disrupted.

Regards,
Vic Snively
'75 TR6  w/AC