[6pack] Hemmings email - non LBC

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Hemmings email - non LBC
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:30:26 -0800 (PST)
I got a weekly email from Hemmings that features two things; one sorta
pertinent to our hobby, and one that's not.

  The former is a soda media blaster that appears to be what I've been looking
for - it's compact and doesn't need a nine million PSI compressor to run it.
It's just what I need for backyard metal preparation and I don't have to worry
about cleaning up nasty spent sand or plastic media. It's probably not great
for preparing an entire car body, but seems like just the thing for small
projects.

  The other feature is about the new GM duramax 4.5L diesel V8. It's
turbocharged, which isn't unusual. What IS unique is that the exhaust ports are
on TOP the heads. They lead directly into the turbo and catalytic converter
located in the valley between the heads. This reduces turbo lag and lights off
the catalyst sooner, thereby reducing cold start emissions and improving fuel
economy.

  Diesel still have issues, but when you look at what's happening in Europe
with the diesels and some of the work done by Gale Banks, diesels may well be
the "hot-rod" motor of the near future. They ain't just fer trucks, Skeeter!

  JJ