Re: [6pack] Hemmings email - non LBC

To: "'Jim Jones'" <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Hemmings email - non LBC
From: "Joseph Grant" <grant@bowtie6.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:43:14 -0500
>> but when you look at what's happening in Europe with the diesels

Diesel...

Last October I had a chance to go on vacation to Spain.  I was amazed at the
amount of cars with "TDI" on the back decklid.  I did rent a car, not a
diesel, but driving on secondary roads as well as their version of a freeway
I was surprised to see a vast amount of diesel powered vehicles.  Ditto for
city streets, either in Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, etc.  In addition, when
I did not drive the great majority of the taxis were diesel powered - the
nicest one being a TDI Merc.  Very nice indeed and not a slouch in any
way...

I did have to fill up a couple of times the rental car, and every time I
noticed two types of gasoline (all higher octane than ours) and two types of
diesel:  'regular' and 'premium' versions.

FWIW...

Joe
'72 TR6 - CC77169
http://www.bowtie6.com/