Re: [6pack] Oil Change after the Winter - Essential?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Oil Change after the Winter - Essential?
From: Bob Rothstein <rgrothstein@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:27:16 -0700 (PDT)
  Bruce - You're right - it's a shame to dump out what seems to
be good oil.  But while your car is hibernating the oil is
getting mildly hydrated from condensation, and there are
opportunities for microns of dirt and sludge to enter the engine
and build up.
  I leave the oil in the crankcase at season's end.  In the
spring I change the oil along with other start-up maintenance
that I perform - this gives me confidence that the engine has
really fresh oil - without feeling like I've done an extra oil
change.

  Bob Rothstein
  Vienna, VA
  '68 TR-250