Re: [6pack] Alignment specs-now Manco toe in gauge

To: jmitch@snet.net (John Mitchell)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Alignment specs-now Manco toe in gauge
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:01:13 -0700
I agree with John M. about using only a gauge that shows the difference
between the distance of the front to the rear of the front tires. (Or to
the front and rear of the rear tires, for that matter)
But it is a good clue tho to know this measurement. When used with
another low-tech method, namely the "String Alignment". one can end up
with four wheels that compliment each other. My tires wear as true doing
it this way, as it would using the Optical Alignment method used by the
pros.

Dick

 From: jmitch@snet.net(John Mitchell)

A Manco gauge is a very low tech way of measuring toe-in, by showing the
difference in width between the rear of the front tires and the front of
the front tires. It will not show whether the wheels are tracking
straight ahead. That can be determined if the car is pulling one
direction or the other. The PDF below shows it being used on a Toro
workman and includes the directions for it's use.
Bob, your welcome to use it whenever you want it. I can drop it up to
you next weekend if you'd like. Golf would be good too:)   John
http://www.toro.com/customercare/commercial/bulletins/vehicles/pdf/12-05.pdf