Re: [6pack] 6pack Digest, Vol 2, Issue 401

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] 6pack Digest, Vol 2, Issue 401
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 19:40:15 +0000
Just my .02,
I was never happy with my stereo until I had 4 speakers. A PO had cut 6 inch
holes in the rear panel and although I don't like the location (he cut them
high, so the unzipped window covers them) I've just lived with that location.
I put 4 inch speakers in the stock holes in the kidneys and the cockpit is
filled up much better with listenable sound than it all coming from behind me.
An unorthodox suggestion you may like is to put the stereo channels front to
back, not the normal left to right. I 'notice' stereo separation much more and
love it that way.

Oh I love that OEM TR exhaust note too, but it is only enhanced by some good
old rock-and-roll that is actually audible at speed with the top down.

Sloane :)
'69-Six> Thanks to all who responded to my speaker question. The trend seems
to be that some prefer the sound of a Triumph straight six (music to my ears,
too!) while others feel that parcel-shelf-mounted speakers provide more sound
for the driver to hear than kidney-pad-mounted speakers....> > So, maybe I'll
go check-out Bazooka speakers! :- )> > Dave> '74-Six>