Re: [6pack] horns

To: Wayne Lee <wayne@motorcarriage.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] horns
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:14:34 -0700
        Wayne:

        I think the concern with horns is that they are an inductive load, as
opposed to a headlight which is simply a resistive load. The horns will cause
a nasty inductive kickback across the switch when the contacts open, so you
need the switch to be way over designed to handle the hundreds or thousands of
volts that result. For the headlights no such heavy duty circuit is required
since they do not generate any kick back when you shut them off.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast