Re: [6pack] Engine swap

To: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>, 6pack List
Subject: Re: [6pack] Engine swap
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:23:35 -0700
        Kendall:

        Your later cylinder head will fit on the earlier block without
modifications. Probably the easiest way to go. The later intake manifold is
superior in terms of its power potential anyway. Before you strap the later
head on, consider having it shaved 0.120" or so and then use the earlier
pushrods. That will get your compression up to about 9.5:1, get you about 10HP
with slightly better fuel economy.

        Cheers,

        Vance

      Vance Navarrette