[6pack] Opinions wanted, 2

To: Jeff <triumphlist@deltaparadigm.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Opinions wanted, 2
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 01:27:45 GMT
Jeff--Before changing out parts, I would do this first:
With the cap and rotor off, and the transmission in any gear (I like to use
fourth) push the car either forward of backward, to get the distributor cam to
open the points. After checking the gap, then see if the timing mark is up just
as the points are about to open, with #1 cylinder about to fire. Use of a
static timing light, or circuit tester is good, when the engine doesn't want to
idle.

I know you just want the all behind you, but to learn more about your car, it's
better to pin point the cause of the immediate problem. Using the shotgun
approach is only second best, here.  Anyway, let us all know what you find out,
if known!

Dick