Re: [6pack] Opinions wanted, 2

To: William McIntire <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Opinions wanted, 2
From: William McIntire <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 22:20:04 -0400
 Jeff,
 Agree totally with what Dick said but do have an alternate method of turning
the engine over by hand. With the car in neutral and cap off or coil wire out
I grab the fan and pull on it to turn it over. Also a firm believer in easy
does it pulling on fan. Been doing it for a  l o n g  time with no ill
effects. Also can kinda look at timing marks at the same time so you know
where you're at.

 Questions ... When you pull the choke to idle, how much do you have to pull
it?  Just a couple clicks to activate choke high idle speed or a bunch to up
idle and fatten the mixture?  Have you had anyone hold the accelerator all the
way down and check to see how far the carbs are opening? Possibility it could
be some sort of strange linkage problem.

 Bill