Re: [6pack] Spring spacer question

To: forzion@maine.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Spring spacer question
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:30:42 GMT
Dave---The placement of the spacer should be under the spring. I think the
reason for this is so the spacer can't fall out, when the suspension goes into
droop. This is rarely the case, as most of the springs we use are of sufficient
length to keep this from happening. It's easy enough to check, tho. When all
parts are stacked back in place, including the shock absorber, let the trailing
arm hang free to see if the spring is still under tension. (It should be).
Check by seeing if you can pop out the spring, using a large screwdriver.

Dick