Re: [6pack] Transmission Issues - Update and Overdrive??

To: 6-Pack Email List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Transmission Issues - Update and Overdrive??
From: Ashford Little <70tr6@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:13:47 -0500
My first TR6 did not have overdrive.  I didn't drive it very far over
the period of time i owned it.  My current TR6, which has overdrive,
has covered about 35,000 miles in the past 7 years.  This transmission
needed to be rebuilt a year or so ago.  I could have either gone with
the 5-speed Toyota or rebuilt mine.  I had it rebuilt.  It wasn't
cheap, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I can't imagine not
having overdrive or a 5th speed.  I picked it up in Texas and drove it
a thousand miles home when I bought it.  This past summer I covered
3,005 miles in three weeks going from Atlanta to Michigan to the VTR
to Canada and then back to Atlanta.  The only thing that broke was a
snap on my boot cover which required me to screw the snap back in.  It
was horrible... not!

Ashford Little
'70 TR6