Re: [6pack] To plug EGR hole

To: jim hearn <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, 'TR6' <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] To plug EGR hole
From: "Foster, Stan (HP IT)" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:10:52 +0000
Jim, I took the EGR valve and its locknut to the hardware store and got a bolt
with the same thread. I cut the head off the bolt leaving a stud that was
sized for the EGR hole depth. Then I cut a slot in the top of the stud with a
dremel and grinding wheel so that I could screw the stud into the EGR hole
with a large screwdriver. I threaded the original lock nut onto the top of the
stud, used some high temp sealant around the stud and screwed it into the EGR
hole and locked it with the lock nut. The end result is not exactly flush but
it a neat looking installation that is just the height of the lock nut above
the block.

If this is not clear I can post a picture.

This was not my idea, I got it from someone here I think so my apologies for
not being able to credit the inventor.

Stan