Re: [6pack] Get into my Head

To: "Robert Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, <peterschop@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Get into my Head
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:12:27 -0000
Robert Lang wrote:
> There were a number of foundries that cast heads for Triumph. The foundries
>all used a different
> casting mark (usually on the front of the head on the manifold side but under
>the valve cover).
> Circle B is a scrolly-looking B (like the B in Bentley) inside a circle.

And for the enquiring mind, the B code head came from Birmid Qualcast - just
down the road by 300
yards from Rolls Royce aero engines in Derby. Their other claim to fame was the
manufacture of quite
the most basic side-valve lawnmower engine I've ever encountered that inspite
of its technological
shortcomings, seems to defy age and goes on for ever.

Jonmac