Re: [6pack] Bronze valve guides?

To: jim hearn <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, 'TR6' <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Bronze valve guides?
From: "Foster, Stan (HP IT)" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:23:21 +0000
Jim, this is news to me. There are some that will say that for a street car
the steel guides are fine and that the bronze guides are only needed for
racing applications. I fitted Richards bronze guides along with his teflon
seals to replace the bronze guides that had been installed 25 years ago. I
think there is a bit more slop in the bronze guides due to expansion
properties and the seals help reduce any tendency for oil to get past the
valves.

Stan