[6pack] J-Type Overdrive - Trials and Tribulations

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] J-Type Overdrive - Trials and Tribulations
From: "Corbitt, Michael" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:58:57 -0800
I sent an update to everyone a couple of weeks ago about my excitement
finishing the conversion of my 69 gearbox to a J-Type overdrive.  Over
the weekend I finished the installation.  The only thing remaining is to
finalize the OD wiring.  Then it happened.  Two little nuts in a
zip-lock baggy appeared in the clutter on the work bench.  These are not
just any nuts.  These are the trunnion blocks that go on the clutch fork
pins for the Gunst throw-out bearing I installed.  Go ahead Berry, laugh
out loud.   Well, the good news is I know how it all goes together -
been there done that.   I guess I know what I'll be working on the next
several evenings (whimper).

Mike

Corvallis, OR