Re: [6pack] Spark Plugs

To: mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Spark Plugs
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:11:13 EST
In a message dated 2/23/2009 1:29:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com writes:

I seem to recall a discussion on this forum indicating that platinum  plugs
weren't recommended on our cars.

Mike,
I have used Bosch Platinum Plus plugs for years in my Triumphs.  I  guess I
am a sucker for Victoria British's claim that they are the "Best Spark  Plug
You Can Buy".  Of course I recognize that @ $3.95 ea plus Vickey  Brit's famous
shipping and handling charge they are probably not worth  it.  They are listed
on the Bosch website for TR6.  WR7's I believe  but don't rely on me for that
information.  They have them for TR3's and  4's, TR7's and TR8's.  I also
have run Champion, NKG, regular Bosch and  Autolite plugs in the TR6.  No real
difference that I could tell. The  only plug problem I can recall is the one
time I put 4 original NOS, pink  Lodge spark plugs in the TR4 and she bawked
big
time and refused to run. Go  figure.
Cheers,
Darrell
PS For no particular reason in the TR6 I also run the highest octane gas  I
can find (Sunoco when available) with 104 Octane Boost at least every other
tank.  The 104 puts a light brown coating on the  plugs.

**************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
neighborhood today.