[6pack] tough getting into gear

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] tough getting into gear
From: "Colin Thom" <colinthom@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 13:16:36 -0700
Hi Gang.my '75 with OD just started doing something alarming. While it
shifts well enough when I'm driving, it's tough to get it into gear when
it's been idling for a while in neutral. It got so bad at one intersection
that I shut it off, put it in gear and then started it again with the clutch
to the floor. Again, it shifted fine once it was moving. The tranny's got
11,000 miles on a full overhaul from the local Brit shop, whose work is
generally respected. I saw the parts list for the overhaul, and it was very
thorough. The second gear sincro didn't last much more than about 5000
miles, if memory serves me and getting into reverse has been a bit noisy for
a little while. Any ideas? Many thanks, Colin Thom