Re: [6pack] Brake and Oil Warning Lights

To: Dave <forzion@maine.rr.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Brake and Oil Warning Lights
From: Bob <rpeglow@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 17:41:44 -0700
Hi Dave,
They are using the oil pressure switch to check the brake failure lamp.
Turning on the ignition switch completes the circuit with 12volts through
the oil pressure lamp and brake lamp to ground coming from the oil pressure
switch. When the engine starts and you have oil pressure the switch opens
and the lamps should go out. If the brake failure lamp stays on and the oil
pressure lamp goes out the circuit is still getting ground probably from the
(PDWA) brake failure switch. If that's the case popping that wire off should
turn off the light. Maybe.
Regards,
Bob