Re: [6pack] TR6 - Help Wanted - The results

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 - Help Wanted - The results
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 07:36:14 -0400
At 12:06 PM 5/18/2009, Navarrette, Vance wrote:

>         I personally think that many of the claimed advantages of
> SU carbs fall in
>the category of urban legend. But at least one advantage of SUs is undeniable:
>You will never get a torn diaphragm.

Way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I had a Spitfire with a
torn diaphragm.  Being ignorant in such matters, I just took some
silicone and glued the tear shut.  Worked fine for several years,
until I got rid of the car...

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Corrosion Acres, Georgia         #354