Re: [6pack] Mileage and Emission Standards

To: shewfamily@aol.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Mileage and Emission Standards
From: John North <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:53:15 -0400
Not sure where you heard that but nothing that I've read says Obama
has any intentions to limit any classic cars.   AFIAK, the proposed
standards are focused on emissions from new vehicles.   If that's not
the case, I'd like to see chapter and verse.

John North

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM,  <shewfamily@aol.com> wrote:
> Has anyone seen or read anything about the Obama administration's proposed
new requirements for new car mileage and emission standards that would
indicate plans?to apply those to existing?vehicles either to 1) take us off
the road or?2) tax us for driving cars made before the strict?standards were
put in place??? I am very concerned that eventually our hobby will be targeted
by the environmentalist who will limit our ability to actually drive our
cars.

> Just wonder if anyone shares this concern or has a better understanding of
the lobbying efforts to prevent this from happening.