Re: [6pack] Clutch/transmission Issues

To: Darcy_Hunter@Instron.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clutch/transmission Issues
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:57:06 GMT
Darcy---There's not much left to check, after measuring the throw of the SC
pushrod, checking the integrity of the fork pin, and the lack of movement of
the crankshaft (thrust washers). The fact that everything was OK for the first
200 miles after the tranny/OD rebuild -should- eliminate the possibility of
wrong parts being installed. But obviously something is wrong here, so I'd go
back over all of the above.  Here's a few more (less likely causes of) things
to check:

Air in the hydaulic system that shows up when things get hot.

Carpet? bunching that shortens the throw of the clutch pedal.

Wrong hole used at the clutch operating shaft. (Try the top hole in a pinch)

This same three-holed arm should be in a vertical position when at rest.

A missing internal spring in the SC.

You hould now be able to get the darn thing out in under two hours!

Dick