[6pack] Lack of symmetry

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Lack of symmetry
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:40:33 -0700 (PDT)
Kendall,

I learned the hard way that 205 X 65 X 16 inch Dunlop signature
tires will rub the fender on my 1970 TR 6 when the spring is fully
depressed.  I was backing out of my driveway with the steering wheel
turned all the way to the stop and went down from the curb between the road
and my driveway.  The drivers side front tire scraped the inside of the fender
and slightly deformed the center of the fender edge popping a small spot of
paint off of the fender and scalloping the edge of the tire.  I have never had
any problem except under the above circumstances with this size tire and wheel
setup.  Out of an abundance of caution I put a half inch spacer under the
front springs and am very cautious when I back out of my driveway.

I have
no idea why one of your wheels sticks out more than the other and will have to
leave this question to others but thought you might learn something from my
mistake.

Mike Lunsford