Re: [6pack] Post your age

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Post your age
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:39:23 -0800 (PST)
I was 17 and visiting my cousins in Indiana when my cousin took me along to a
wrecking yard to get some used parts.
There sat a 1962 white with blue
interior TR 4. It had a mangled hood and passenger fender and a hole in the
radiator.
Talked my mother in to buying it for $ 500 and my cousin repaired
the radiator, another $ 100. Two weeks later I drove her home to Ohio.
That
was 1967 when I got the bug.

After a couple more Tr 4's in the seventies,
marriage and the kids came along. No more toys for awhile.

I was 26 when my
Jan 1974 Tr-6 was born. Found her in 1994, a slow 8 year restoration while my
funds were divided between the two girls college education and the 6.

Working
now on a Tr-7. Hope some day to find a Tr-250 to work on.

Smilin all the way
down the road with the top down.

Dale

You are subscribed as