Re: [6pack] Temp Gauge Question

To: James Henningsen <trguy@cfl.rr.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Temp Gauge Question
From: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 05:38:10 GMT
Jim---There's a 180 deg. thermostat in my cooling system. Under ordinary
driving, the temperature gauge needle stops with the needle covering the center
hash mark, so I take this to mean the needle will stop at whatever thermostat
is controlling the system.  There are reports from owners of the later six that
their needle usually points between the second mark and center mark. This could
mean there's a 160 thermostat in place, or there's a lot of gauges out there
that don't read correctly.

If in doubt, you could take a "candy" thermometer and check the coolant when
the temp is at the normal operating area on the gauge.

Dick
'73
 Los Angeles