Re: [6pack] Odometers

To: "Douglas Morris" <dcmdcm@nc.rr.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Odometers
From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 08:51:30 -0500
Doug,

I experienced the same thing on my '73 TR6. When I opened up the
speedometer, I noticed the pawl  that pushes the number wheels had no
tension to keep it engaged. The spring steel clip that holds the pawl (see
arrow on photo) had gone missing. A replacement clip from the junk parts
bin fixed it. Funny thing is, I would have thought the old clip should have
remained in the speedometer case but I never did find it.

Greg Gelhar
Osseo, MN

> Subject: [6pack] Odometers
>
> My The car's odometer and trip odometer don't turn. (Yes, even when the
car's
> moving.)
> The trip-reset stem moves the trip odometer (not much, though, since it's
> zeroed).
> The speedo works fine, so the cable is connected to the xmission. (You
were
> gonna suggest that, weren't you?)
>
> So, before I go all Neanderthal-watchmaker on it,
> does anyone have any experience with this problem?
>
> Doug Morris, NC
> '74 TR6 CF-18xx-OU

ODO.JPG]

6pack@autox.team.net