Re: [6pack] [TR] TR6 Mistery Miss

To: <v.navarrette@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] TR6 Mistery Miss
From: "Bill Wellbaum" <wcwellbaum@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 18:07:59 -0700
Just cured the very same problem--an irritating miss or stumble at tip in
and always under 2,000 rpm--really prevalent when under load, and fully
warmed up.

Could not get it to go away.  This morning I replaced the points and
condenser, the cap and rotor, and cleaned the Champions plugs.  No stumble.
My points were slightly burned.  I also richened the mixture a quarter turn
thinking that it might be buring a little lean.  Didn't take the time to
determine which component was the guilty one--just dumped then all in--set
the points gap at .015", plugs at .025", and reset the timing.  Stumble is
gone.

Bill Wellbaum
Las Vegas