Re: [6pack] Reconditioned Gauges Not Behaving

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Reconditioned Gauges Not Behaving
From: "Corbitt, Michael" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 11:50:26 -0700
Many thanks to all of you who gave me feedback on my problem.   It took me a
couple of weeks to get back to the car (finishing up a kitchen remodel for my
lovely wife).

Bob, I had to shake my head at your advice to buy Dan Masters' Electrical
Handbook.  I have one.  For some reason I had trouble locating the word GAUGES
boldly printed in the table of contents.  Thanks for guiding me back there.

My fuel gauge had a ground problem that was easily fixed.  The ammeter seems
to have a calibration issue.  Morris at West Valley Instruments is going to
fix that for me.  So all should be well now.  The reconditioned gauges mounted
to my new dash from Prestige Autowood is a thing of beauty.  My wife was
impressed as well (kitchen probably helped).

Questions:

Have TR6s always had an alternator or did they first come with a generator?

Have any of you switched over to a volt meter?

Thanks again for the feedback.  This is a great group.

Mike
Corvallis, OR

6pack@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html