[6pack] re wodd dash replacements

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] re wodd dash replacements
From: Jimandruthhome@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 20:02:23 -0400 (EDT)
Don't post much, but still read the digest.  After buying a 71 TR6,  total
rat, in 1982 and driving it into the ground, I restored it for  myself in my
spare time.  Pics of it appeared in the 6 pack mag in 1987, I  think.
Still have it, every time I take it in for the annual inspection  some folks
wonder what kind of new car it is.  I guess that just means  I'm really old.

Anyway, the last car I restored for a customer was an Austin Healey 3000 Mk
 III. I got the burled dash from Prestige. It was gorgeous, fit perfectly,
and passed muster at both of the big Austin Healey clubs' concours.  If you
 know those guys, that's a serious endorsement.  They're nuts! (But in a
good way.)  They know what the markings on the head of every bolt should be
(yes there are many, and not just grade marks).

That was a while ago, but given more recent endorsements I've seen on  this
list, Prestige is definitely worth a serious look if you're ;looking  for
quality.

NFI

Jim Knight

6pack@autox.team.net