[6pack] Brake Caliper Clearance

To: fot@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Brake Caliper Clearance
From: Sam Clark <trdoctor@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 00:14:45 -0500
Tonight I was replacing my front brake pads to a higher performance version in
preparation for a track day and encountered problems with  the RH side.  I
attempted to do this in situ.  LH side went well with the shims and pads going
in ok.  LH side has been problematic.  The outer pad falls in but the inner
one won't go in.  Took the caliper off and manually pushed the pistons in.
That didn't help.  Upon closer inspection, the caliper is not centered with
the rotor.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Should I shim the caliper to
gain clearance?  It needs to be moved to the center of the car.  This is on a
'72 TR6.  Should I just have a brake shop take off .010 of the pad and be done
with it?

TIA
Sam Clark

6pack@autox.team.net