Re: [6pack] 72" TR6 Engine Rebuild

To: "'Bob Rochlin'" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'Truiumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] 72" TR6 Engine Rebuild
From: "Alex&Janet Thomson" <aljlthomson@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 17:58:56 -0500
Bob - I lost several lobes of a cam several years ago and replaced the
camshaft with a GoodParts GP2. Lots of low end torque (like my farm
tractors) and seems just right for our type of driving. I can't remember how
much we had the head shaved but the shop that did the work gave me figures
for actual volume of the combustion chamber contained in the head. I never
did get around to doing the math. I think I bought the cam and followers
from TRF along with a new oil pump. The new oil pump made a big difference
in hot pressure.

Alex Thomson