Re: [6pack] 72" TR6 Engine Rebuild

To: Dave <dave@ranteer.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, Truiumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] 72" TR6 Engine Rebuild
From: Richard Seaton <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 18:30:26 -0600
you can get away with out cam bearings if you go with a GP2 cam, Piper 270, or
Kia's middle cam (WBC518v2). Replace cam tappets with quality replacements!!!.
I would want to line bore the mains to get them within spec as they may be out
of round same with the rods. A lightened flywheel is a worthwhile modification
and Wishbone ($229) can turn your stock one down and loose some weight. The
motor will spool up quicker with no ill effects. I had mine turned down and
ballanced for $75 10 years ago at Race Engine Designs in Georgia (do a
search). Do use the better thrust washers (Custom Thrust Washers). Raising the
compression to 9:1 and still use pump gas. Follow correct cam break in
procedures and use ZZDP in your oils or Dello Diesel oil. The use of 3 ZS
carbs isn't of any benefit except for the bling factor. Mild port matching of
the intake and exhaust is easy to do. Rebuild/ recurve the dist for the engine
mods, which ins't too exspensive. Jeff's Advance Distributors.

Of course new valves, springs, guides and a hardened rocker shaft.