Re: [6pack] Gear selector shaft detents

To: John North <johncnorth@gmail.com>, Triumph <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Gear selector shaft detents
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 11:02:56 -0600
Go to the maintenance page at vtr -
http://www.vtr.org/maintain-index.shtml and look at the end of
"Rebuilding the Triumph TR Transmission Part 2".  It explains how to
overhaul a top cover and drill one for overdrive switches.  For the late
boxes you have to drill out the plugs.  You may be able to match the
plugs at your local auto parts store or drill and tap them for plugs
like the early covers.  Top covers are probably one of the most
neglected transmission parts.
Larry Young