[6pack] Water pump Replacement Experience

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Water pump Replacement Experience
From: Yahoo via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 17:31:25 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_642789_1820432985.1564075885741

Replaced the leaky original with a Country brand one made in India, and all=
 seems well.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Visually similar to original.=C2=A0 With rad cap o=
ff to burp the system, I can see good speed of coolant circulation.=C2=A0 O=
riginal was StanPart/RHP.=C2=A0 Thin layer of Permatex Ultimate Gray on bot=
h sides of paper gasket.=C2=A0 =C2=A0 A good technique for the tight space =
was to offer the nut up to the stud with an extendable magnetic pickup and =
then get the first few threads with a screwdriver on the side of the nut.=
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 I had a hard time finding an original dimension stud so ended=
 up cutting a longer one down on the bench grinder and using a coarse threa=
d nut on the pump side.Agree that a modern 5 vane curved impeller is more e=
ffective.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Understand The Flying Dutchman adds this on a pump ov=
erhaul.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Wonder what he uses.A friend has access to a press and =
we might try to rebuild the original.=C2=A0 =C2=A0 I'm told you can likely =
match the bearing and seal if you bring the old ones=C2=A0into a bearing su=
pplier.I'm not completely taken with the durability of the green replica ru=
bber=C2=A0 hoses.=C2=A0 Used a new Gates brand hose for bottom rad hoses.=
=C2=A0 =C2=A0The parts guy at a better automotive supplier went out back an=
d found a hose that matched the curve and diameter.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Cut it into=
 the two needed lengths.
Cheers, Bruce Simms 73TR6
------=_Part_642789_1820432985.1564075885741

ly:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10px;"><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Replaced the leaky original with a Country b=
rand one made in India, and all seems well.&nbsp; &nbsp;Visually similar to=
 original.&nbsp; With rad cap off to burp the system, I can see good speed =
of coolant circulation.&nbsp; Original was StanPart/RHP.&nbsp; Thin layer o=
f Permatex Ultimate Gray on both sides of paper gasket.&nbsp; &nbsp; A good=
 technique for the tight space was to offer the nut up to the stud with an =
extendable magnetic pickup and then get the first few threads with a screwd=
river on the side of the nut.&nbsp; &nbsp; I had a hard time finding an ori=
ginal dimension stud so ended up cutting a longer one down on the bench gri=
nder and using a coarse thread nut on the pump side.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" =
data-setdir=3D"false">Agree that a modern 5 vane curved impeller is more ef=
fective.&nbsp; &nbsp;Understand The Flying Dutchman adds this on a pump ove=
rhaul.&nbsp; &nbsp;Wonder what he uses.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=
=3D"false">A friend has access to a press and we might try to rebuild the o=
riginal.&nbsp; &nbsp; I'm told you can likely match the bearing and seal if=
 you bring the old ones&nbsp;</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">i=
nto a bearing supplier.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">I'm not=
 completely taken with the durability of the green replica rubber&nbsp; hos=
es.&nbsp; Used a new Gates brand hose for bottom rad hoses.&nbsp; &nbsp;The=
 parts guy at a better automotive supplier went out back and found a hose t=
hat matched the curve and diameter.&nbsp; &nbsp;Cut it into the two needed =
ml>
------=_Part_642789_1820432985.1564075885741--