Re: [6pack] Almost...

To: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>, Richard Lindsay via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Almost...
From: Tom Walling via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 14:13:16 -0400 (EDT)

------=_Part_608389_224875870.1564164796277

Tell me more about the master cylinder... What do you mean by "flipping the new
rubber seal in the master cylinder's rear circuit"? I have a professionally
rebuilt MC (by Apple Hydraulics) that appears to be leaking and that goes
almost to the bottom before the brakes finally "do their thing". Also, it makes
a croaking sound like a sick frog! I'm loath to suspect Apple in tis because of
their reputation for many years of quality rebuilds, but there is been very few
miles put on the MC since I got it back - a couple of years, yeah, but no miles
(you all know what that means...).

Why did you opt for a new one and not rebuild it yourself?

> On July 26, 2019 at 8:00 AM Richard Lindsay via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
> wrote:
>
>     Hello friends,
>        My TR6 is almost ready to go for Carmine Red paint. I still need to
> remove the door locks from the outer door skins, and re-bleed the brakes.
>        When installing a new master cylinder my always helpful grandson
> assisted. And as we all know, six-year-old boys don't do anything slowly or
> half-way. Before I could stop him, Kelum slammed the brake pedal to the
> floor, flipping the new rubber seal in the master cylinder's rear circuit.
> That was a few days ago.
>        I now have a new master cylinder installed (Yes, the old one could
> have been rebuilt.) and refilled with fresh brake fluid. I hope to get the
> brakes re-bled this weekend, the door locks/cylinders off, and a trailer
> reserved to transport the car to the painter. Woohoo! I will then just need
> to wait for a dry day.
>
>     Rick
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/pdqtr6@comcast.net

------=_Part_608389_224875870.1564164796277

<!DOCTYPE html>
</head><body><p style=3D"color: #333333; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-=
serif; font-size: 12pt;">Tell me more about the master cylinder... What do =
you mean by &#34;<span style=3D"display: inline !important; float: none; ba=
ckground-color: #ffffff; color: #333333; cursor: text; font-family: 'Helvet=
ica Neue',Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2;=
 overflow-wrap: break-word; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-i=
ndent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-spa=
ce: normal; word-spacing: 0px;">flipping the new rubber seal in the master =
cylinder&#39;s rear circuit</span>&#34;? I have a professionally rebuilt MC=
 (by Apple Hydraulics) that appears to be leaking and that goes almost to t=
he bottom before the brakes finally &#34;do their thing&#34;. Also, it make=
s a croaking sound like a sick frog! I&#39;m loath to suspect Apple in tis =
because of their reputation for many years of quality rebuilds, but there i=
s been very few miles put on the MC since I got it back - a couple of years=
, yeah, but no miles (you all know what that means...).&#160;<br></p><p sty=
le=3D"color: #333333; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 1=
2pt;"><br></p><p style=3D"color: #333333; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans=
-serif; font-size: 12pt;">Why did you opt for a new one and not rebuild it =
yourself?</p><blockquote type=3D"cite">On July 26, 2019 at 8:00 AM Richard =
Lindsay via 6pack &#60;6pack@autox.team.net&#62; wrote: <br> <br><div dir=
=3D"auto">Hello friends,<div dir=3D"auto">&#160; &#160;My TR6 is almost rea=
dy to go for Carmine Red paint. I still need to remove the door locks from =
the outer door skins, and re-bleed the brakes.</div><div dir=3D"auto">&#160=
; &#160;When installing a new master cylinder my always helpful grandson as=
sisted. And as we all know, six-year-old boys don&#39;t do anything slowly =
or half-way. Before I could stop him, Kelum slammed the brake pedal to the =
floor, flipping the new rubber seal in the master cylinder&#39;s rear circu=
it. That was a few days ago.</div><div dir=3D"auto">&#160; &#160;I now have=
 a new master cylinder installed (Yes, the old one could have been rebuilt.=
) and refilled with fresh brake fluid. I hope to get the brakes re-bled thi=
s weekend, the door locks/cylinders off, and a trailer reserved to transpor=
t the car to the painter. Woohoo! I will then just need to wait for a dry d=
=20
------=_Part_608389_224875870.1564164796277--