[6pack] Too quiet.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Too quiet.
From: DAVID MASSEY via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 13:53:59 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_3359801_661587024.1568123639912

 I agree with Richard, it is too quiet here.
I somehow fell off the list many years ago but I am back (sorry).=C2=A0 The=
 TR6 was off the road for several years after a pending major frame failure=
 was discovered.=C2=A0 As much as I would LOVE to get a RATCO frame I don't=
 LOVE it=C2=A0 6G's worth.=C2=A0 A local club member who happens to be a fi=
tter/welder by trade offered to rework my frame so I disassembled the car a=
nd took the frame to him and after 7 months or so he rebuilt the main frame=
 rails from about the mid point right to the rear of the car.=C2=A0 He also=
 reinforced notorious week points such as the diff mounts and the attach po=
ints for the (aftermarket) rear sway bar.=C2=A0 He also handed me a 3-lb ba=
g of rust scale he extracted from inside the frame.
I spend an afternoon with prods and compressed air and removed some more ru=
st, then I treated the inside of the frame with Eastwood's frame rustproofi=
ng kit (I think I used two of them), painted the frame with POR15 (Note: PO=
R15 does a very poor job of sticking to old paint) and reassembled the car.
I set up a camera on a (cheap) tripod and took a picture.=C2=A0 I installed=
 the LF suspension and took a pic.=C2=A0 I installed the RF suspension and =
took a pic, front sway bar and took a pic, steering rack and took a pic... =
(you get the picture) so I now have a nice sequence of pictures of the car =
coming together.
The car has been on the road for a year now and so far I have 1) blown the =
diff and 2) blew a head gasket.=C2=A0 I drove this car for nearly 2 decades=
 with nary a problem but I guess my luck had run out.=C2=A0 Keep in mind th=
at this car has been to both coasts, Canada and up Pike's Peak so it is no =
slouch.
=20
Dave=20

------=_Part_3359801_661587024.1568123639912

(sorry).&nbsp; The TR6 was off the road for several years after a pending major
frame failure was discovered.&nbsp; As much as I would LOVE to get a RATCO
frame I don't LOVE it&nbsp; 6G's worth.&nbsp; A local club member who happens
to be a fitter/welder by trade offered to rework my frame so I disassembled the
car and took the frame to him and after 7 months or so he rebuilt the main
frame rails from about the mid point right to the rear of the car.&nbsp; He
also reinforced notorious week points such as the diff mounts and the attach
points for the (aftermarket) rear sway bar.&nbsp; He also handed me a 3-lb bag
of rust scale he extracted from inside the frame.</font></div>

removed some more rust, then I treated the inside of the frame with Eastwood's
frame rustproofing kit (I think I used two of them), painted the frame with
POR15 (Note: POR15 does a very poor job of sticking to old paint) and
reassembled the car.</font></div>

picture.&nbsp; I installed the LF suspension and took a pic.&nbsp; I installed
the RF suspension and took a pic, front sway bar and took a pic, steering rack
and took a pic... (you get the picture) so I now have a nice sequence of
pictures of the car coming together.</font></div>

have 1) blown the diff and 2) blew a head gasket.&nbsp; I drove this car for
nearly 2 decades with nary a problem but I guess my luck had run out.&nbsp;
Keep in mind that this car has been to both coasts, Canada and up Pike's Peak
so it is no slouch.</font><br>

------=_Part_3359801_661587024.1568123639912--