Re: [6pack] Too quiet.

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Too quiet.
From: Richard Lindsay via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 09:24:31 -0500

--0000000000005f63af059233aa6c

Awesome report, Dave! Thanks! Today I planned to connect the new battery in
my TR6 project. But when I got to the shop (20 minute drive) I realized
that I had left all the freshly cleaned, decontaminated, and refinished
parts on the home garage workbench. So alas, another day delay but the
other cars did get their exercise. Headed back home now to replace that
other thermostat...

Rick

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019, 8:54 AM DAVID MASSEY via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> I agree with Richard, it is too quiet here.
>
> I somehow fell off the list many years ago but I am back (sorry).  The TR6
> was off the road for several years after a pending major frame failure was
> discovered.  As much as I would LOVE to get a RATCO frame I don't LOVE it
> 6G's worth.  A local club member who happens to be a fitter/welder by trade
> offered to rework my frame so I disassembled the car and took the frame to
> him and after 7 months or so he rebuilt the main frame rails from about the
> mid point right to the rear of the car.  He also reinforced notorious week
> points such as the diff mounts and the attach points for the (aftermarket)
> rear sway bar.  He also handed me a 3-lb bag of rust scale he extracted
> from inside the frame.
>
> I spend an afternoon with prods and compressed air and removed some more
> rust, then I treated the inside of the frame with Eastwood's frame
> rustproofing kit (I think I used two of them), painted the frame with POR15
> (Note: POR15 does a very poor job of sticking to old paint) and reassembled
> the car.
>
> I set up a camera on a (cheap) tripod and took a picture.  I installed the
> LF suspension and took a pic.  I installed the RF suspension and took a
> pic, front sway bar and took a pic, steering rack and took a pic... (you
> get the picture) so I now have a nice sequence of pictures of the car
> coming together.
>
> The car has been on the road for a year now and so far I have 1) blown the
> diff and 2) blew a head gasket.  I drove this car for nearly 2 decades with
> nary a problem but I guess my luck had run out.  Keep in mind that this car
> has been to both coasts, Canada and up Pike's Peak so it is no slouch.
>
> Dave

--0000000000005f63af059233aa6c

nect the new battery in my TR6 project. But when I got to the shop (20 minu=
te drive) I realized that I had left all the freshly cleaned, decontaminate=
d, and refinished parts on the home garage workbench. So alas, another day =
delay but the other cars did get their exercise. Headed back home now to re=
 class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Sep 10, 2019, 8:54 AM DAVID MASSEY via 6pack =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6pack@autox.team.net";>6pack@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wr=
ote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;=
border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
div>

ack (sorry).=C2=A0 The TR6 was off the road for several years after a pendi=
ng major frame failure was discovered.=C2=A0 As much as I would LOVE to get=
 a RATCO frame I don&#39;t LOVE it=C2=A0 6G&#39;s worth.=C2=A0 A local club=
 member who happens to be a fitter/welder by trade offered to rework my fra=
me so I disassembled the car and took the frame to him and after 7 months o=
r so he rebuilt the main frame rails from about the mid point right to the =
rear of the car.=C2=A0 He also reinforced notorious week points such as the=
 diff mounts and the attach points for the (aftermarket) rear sway bar.=C2=
=A0 He also handed me a 3-lb bag of rust scale he extracted from inside the=
 frame.</font></div>

d removed some more rust, then I treated the inside of the frame with Eastw=
ood&#39;s frame rustproofing kit (I think I used two of them), painted the =
frame with POR15 (Note: POR15 does a very poor job of sticking to old paint=
) and reassembled the car.</font></div>

ure.=C2=A0 I installed the LF suspension and took a pic.=C2=A0 I installed =
the RF suspension and took a pic, front sway bar and took a pic, steering r=
ack and took a pic... (you get the picture) so I now have a nice sequence o=
f pictures of the car coming together.</font></div>

r I have 1) blown the diff and 2) blew a head gasket.=C2=A0 I drove this ca=
r for nearly 2 decades with nary a problem but I guess my luck had run out.=
=C2=A0 Keep in mind that this car has been to both coasts, Canada and up Pi=
ke&#39;s Peak so it is no slouch.</font><br>

--0000000000005f63af059233aa6c--