[6pack] Brake MC

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Brake MC
From: Richard Taylor via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 12:57:56 -0700
I donâ??t understand the logic of limiting the travel of the brake pedal,
either. While this pedal shouldnâ??t have to travel even half of it stroke to
apply full pressure to the brakes, we wouldnâ??t want to limit it should there
be a failure in, say, half of the system. (Which would require a deeper pedal
to make contact.

I donâ??t know if it applies to this (brake) limiting of the pedal, but there
are some clutch operating systems that require a â??pedal stopâ?? so that the
throwout bearing isnâ??t pushed out too far during the clutch disengagement.
The hydraulic bearing in the Toyota 5 speed conversion would be one of them.

Dick