Re: [6pack] [TR] TR250/TR6 fuel pumps

To: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] TR250/TR6 fuel pumps
From: Richard Lindsay via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 15:24:43 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, dctr6@optonline.net, TR6 <6pack@autox.team.net>

--000000000000b9be65059b570ed8

Exactly what I did Bob. Crafted an aluminum blanking plate for the block
hole, sized to hold the electric pump. Mounted to the engine, the pump
doesn't make that typical ugly noise.

Rick

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020, 2:45 PM Bob via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Dennis,
>
> I know this issue has been thrown around since the lists started but why
> not convert to an electronic pump? I have been running an electronic pump
> on my 3 for 20 years, my 4 for 15 and my 6 for 10. Zero issues. And no oil
> leaks from the pump or where it attaches to the block. No worry if the cam
> is too warn out to operate the lever.
>
> Bob
> On 1/4/20 2:40 PM, dctr6@optonline.net wrote:
>
>    Does anybody know what the difference is between the fuel pump that
> Moss sells for $29.99 and the
>
> one that the Roadster Factory sells for $99 (besides the $70 price
> discrepancy)? They appear the same
>
> in the catalogs. I have traditionally bought from TRF and I believe the
> one they sell is made in Italy? Can
>
> the recently retired Peter Arkelian shed any light on this?  Thanks.
>
> Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/richardolindsay@gmail.com

--000000000000b9be65059b570ed8

e for the block hole, sized to hold the electric pump. Mounted to the engin=
e, the pump doesn&#39;t make that typical ugly noise.<div dir=3D"auto"><br>=
 dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Jan 4, 2020, 2:45 PM Bob via 6pac=
k &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6pack@autox.team.net";>6pack@autox.team.net</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8e=
x;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
      but why not convert to an electronic pump? I have been running an
      electronic pump on my 3 for 20 years, my 4 for 15 and my 6 for 10.
      Zero issues. And no oil leaks from the pump or where it attaches
      to the block. No worry if the cam is too warn out to operate the
      lever.</p>
=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">dctr6@optonline.net</a>
      wrote:<br>
     =20
     =20
     =20
erence is
          between the fuel pump that Moss sells for $29.99 and the <u></u><=
u></u></p>
          (besides the $70 price discrepancy)? They appear the same <u></u>=
          bought from TRF and I believe the one they sell is made in

rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer=