Re: worn distributor?

To: oharajem@free.midcoast.com
Subject: Re: worn distributor?
From: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 08:30:59 -0700
oharajem@free.midcoast.com writes:
>How much play is acceptable in the distributor shaft? Mine has a very
>slight amount of play but does not seem to have any adverse affect on
>the running condition. Is an electronic ignition set up an option to
>replacing a worn distributor?
>Scott Donnelly
>SV

Some play is ok, though I can't tell you just how much.  Mine is a
little worn and has the Pertronix ignition.  It works just fine.  I do
not think, however, that an EI will fix a owrn distributor problem.  If
the shaft is worn, it will still affect the rotor/timing setup.
Fortunately, distributors are still available (I think), if you want to
buy from VB, or you can simply get it rebushed at a local shop.

CNA