A newly restored Alpine

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: A newly restored Alpine
From: "jumpin'jan" <servaij@cris.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 22:17:28 -0700
Hey everyone,
        Over the past two or three weeks, Ian and I have finished the
restoration of Brian Shelts series V Alpine (check out the gallery on
Brian at
http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/galleries/profiles/brianshilt/brianshilt.html).
Our deadline was to have the car operable to the Dayton British car show
which successfully happened this past Saturday. Ian and Brian performed
the chemical stripping of the many layers of old paint and I took the
car from there. Although Brian's car looked virtually rust free, the
bottoms of the front and rear fenders needed panel replacement. I used
the Rob Martel repair panels and some hand made panels as well. The
picture below, really says it all, but almost every night, Ian and I
were working till 1:00am. We painted the doors/bonnet and the deck lid
on Friday night, and performed the final assembly on Saturday starting
at 0700 hrs. Also, we performed major engine rebuilding and detailing
last month, so starting the engine had some risk. The engine started
with a few cranks on Friday night, so we knew that we had a great chance
of driving it the next day. We caravan to the Dayton meet with the three
Harrington's (Ian's series "A" and Lemans and my Lemans) and Brian's
Alpine at about 1200 noon. Ian and I will write a feature about Brian's
car sometime in the near future.
Jan

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/jans_pics/final_ad.JPG
--