Howdy! Tech Questions

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Howdy! Tech Questions
From: "R. R. Frisco" <rockyfrisco@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 16:26:39 -0500
Hi all; I'm Rocky Frisco, from the Mini & MG lists.

I've agreed to do some work on a pretty little Alpine situated about 20
miles from my home. The main problems seem to be that the fuel is not
getting to the electric pump and the brake master cylinder is off the car
and does not look encouraging as a candidate for refurbishment. I saw an
Alpine brake M/C on eBay, going cheap, but it had a separate reservoir,
connected with a brake-line, and this one has it as part of the casting.

My questions:

1) what years or other differences should I quote when inquiring about the
master cylinder so I ask about the right one? The one off the car is a
roughly beer-can sized ((but about half beer-can height) reservoir, with an
extension coming perpendicularly off the bottom of the reservoir with the
cylinder inside.

2) this M/C really looks rough; I've been told the price for a new one is
over 200 USBucks. Anybody have a better deal or a better rebuildable unit
for sale or trade?

3) it has the twin tanks in the back wings (reminds me of my Cooper S) & I
assume they come out and y-up in the back of the boot where they can be
accessed by removing the panels. Any advice or caveats on tracing down the
blockage?

Thanks in advance!!

-Rock
--
Ask your ISP to amend its TOS & assess fines for spamming and
serious abuse. Clean up the net without government intervention.