Subject: Chemical Stripper

To: CANISDOG@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: Chemical Stripper
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:34:23 -0700
This topic recently came up on another car group I'm on.  The general
concencous was that (1) chemical strippers get into any lead and will leach
out after the car is painted causing bubbles, and (2) any sand/media
blasting will get into every possible crevace and crack and despite super
human efforts sand will continue to be found for years and years to come.
What's left you say?  Well, believe it or not, they said the best thing to
do was to go at it with a good old fashioned single blade razor blade.  I
was in shock when I first read it and even asked for a clarification.  Yep,
a straight razor - like you get at hardware stores, a holder for it, and
away you go.  Apparently it works quite well, and with anything from 8 -25
hours, it's all gone.  Still seems like a huge effort to me.  But,
certainly saves on having to wear a face mask and dealing with toxic
chemicals on your driveway or garage floor.

Jay