Strange noise

To: "Sunbeam List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Strange noise
From: "Tim Stiffy" <tstiffy@pulsenet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 13:44:55 -0700
While driving home from work yesterday in my S1, I started hearing a strange
noise from the front of the car.  All the gauges read fine. I slowed to 50
mph and made it home.  Today I raised the hood to investigate. With the
motor running, I used a stethoscope to track the noise. The noise is the
loudest from the generator. Sounds like something is loose. Could it be the
ball bearing in the drive end? Are these rebuildable  and are parts
available? I ]'m going to try to remove the belt and check for any play in
the end.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Tim
B9009694 LRX