A few thoughts

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: A few thoughts
From: Pasanville@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:25:25 EDT
Listers,
Does anyone have a few thoughts on this? I was running my 1725 which actually
seemed to be running fairly well, when I started pulling spark plug wires one
at a time. You know, to see if all cylinders are firing. When I removed the
last ones 3 then 4 the engine sounded and ran no different. When I removed 1
then 2, the engine sputtered and quit. I just adjusted the valves, so unless
I did not do them properly, they should not be the problem. Would out of
synch carbs effect it this way?
Also, Is there a way I can synch them with common tools?

PS I am looking for a claw type 2 prong socket for rear taillight assembly. I
am also looking for the chrome caps for the soft top B posts.(the part where
the soft top hinges behind the door) Can anyone help?

Thanks everyone you're always been helpful.
Pete Sanville
66 Alpine