Re: Junk Mail and SPAM

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Junk Mail and SPAM
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:16:36 -0500
chuck nicodemus wrote:

> > Ask your ISP to amend its TOS & assess fines for spamming and serious
> > abuse. Clean up the net without government intervention. Pass it on.
>
> I have to ask , has anyone else been being battered by junk mail lately? Man
>and
> ladies, this is the pits. List your problem spammers to WWW.mail-abuse.org
> thanks to all

Chuck, it is definitely getting worse. The reason for my sig and the
personal campaign it represents is that I have been the victim of a net
stalker since May.

When I reported his trolling in alt.autos.mini to his ISP, he used anonymous
remailers to post hardcore porn with my face and my daughter's face cut from
our web pages and pasted on it. I identified him and called him on it so he
published an attack web page denying it and accusing me of stalking *him*!

http://Stop_Rocky.home.att.net/

Sometimes the content is available and sometimes it's blocked, depending on
AT&T's whim-of-the-day, a situation that will get them added to the lawsuit
that's being built right now, along with Jason and MIT University, where the
remailer is located.

The case is being investigated by the US Justice Department.

All it will take to stop all of the abuse, SPAM and junkmail is for ISP's to
all agree to levy fines for these activities, charged to the guilty party's
credit card; no government action; no new laws or taxes required.

The spammers now say, "Go ahead and deny my service; I'll just go down the
road and do it again from a new ISP."

If they have to pay a whopping fine every time they get caught, it will all
stop in a few days. This plus a denial of service to any ISP without reverse
DNS would clean up the net and web overnight.

-Rock