Hunter Back Axle?

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Hunter Back Axle?
From: Joe Robson <absjmr@bath.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:41:34 +0100 (BST)
Hi all,

Blenheim, what a wonderful weekend, it also allowed me to check out other
peoples Alpines, as my back axle is a lot wider, I have minilites on with
175s and they rub on the wheel arches, it seems that the back axle is off
a hunter or something like that. I quite like the wider look  at the
back but not happy about waring down a lot of tyye on each bump I come
across. The drivers side is particularly bad, so I was thinking of either
losing a few pounds or trying the spare wheel on which is 155 to see
whether it would fit as a temporary measure as I am not happy about
driving it very far at all at the moment.

What options do I have, arches, correct axle, different wheels?

It seems that a replacement back axle would be the best option, I spoke
top some people at Blenheim that have them (it is overdrive so I think I
need a 1:389? type?) but they are miles away, does anyone know of a good
source and garage to carry out the work in London?

Thanks

Joe SIV