Re: Noisy Brakes

To: paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au, armorseal@iccom.com,
Subject: Re: Noisy Brakes
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:46:56 EDT
Paul,
The secret to brakes that don't squeal is resurfacing the disc's......no
matter how good they look.  Forget the goo and everything else.
I know it sounds strange but I have experimented with this many times and
have done some reading in "brake industry" publications.
I don't know why, I'm in food service.
Even with new pads, a used surface has groves just like a record.  New pads
will take the sounds away only long enough for them to re-grove the old
surface.  Then.....eeeeeeehhhhhhhh.  They will play like an old 45.
However, new surface and new pads will relieve you of this irritating sound.
Trust me.    :)

Paul
Colorado